|Dillon Donohoo yardstick|
Dillon Donohoo arrived in Cuba City in April 1900.
He worked for his brother, John (J.C.) Donohoo, at Donohoo Splinter & Co., where he managed the grocery department. This building is the former home of Donohoo Furniture and Owl Furniture and is now occupied by Antiques & Salvage.
Dillon Donohoo had his sights set on a business of his own and, in 1911, opened a hardware and variety store just down the street, at the current site of the Dead End Bar & Grill. In October 1911, Donohoo purchased the Heitkamp Brothers General Store on the corner of Main and Clay Street, in what is today Antiques Unlimited. He partnered for a time with Edward Jacobi and later operated the business on his own until 1916.
Dillon Donohoo sold the grocery and dry goods department of his store to Edward Schroeder and Russell Taber in 1946 and continued in the furniture business until his death on October 14, 1946. His sons, Sam and Donald Donohoo, purchased and continued to operate the furniture business in Cuba City for many years.
**All information and photographs were found in the Cuba City Centennial book.