Farmers Bank and Post Office

The Farmers Bank was the second bank established in Cuba City. Founded in 1896 by John Longbotham, George Loeffelholz and John Warrick, the bank was originally located in the Kittoe building (now housing the Tri-County Press).

 In 1907, the founding bankers built the building below and relocated the Farmers Bank to the building's north side.

Cuba City's post office moved into the triangular room on the south side. The post office had previously been located in a small building on Webster Street, east of Main.

In 1910, the Farmers Bank changed its name to the Cuba City State Bank. It stayed in the above building until 1928, when it acquired the stock and assets of the First National Bank and moved into the First National building.

--Historical information courtesy of the Cuba City Centennial book


Popular Posts