Saturday, September 18, 2010

New lights for the depot

From the Cuba City News Herald, October 1915

Electric Lights for Depot

One of the principal improvements of city conditions advocated and aimed at by the Cuba City Commercial Club has been adequate lighting of the North-Western depot and platform. President Brewer and Secy. Goldthorpe of the Club, have been working on the proposition for some time and now have assurance from official sources that an efficient electric lighting service will be installed, no doubt at an early date. Supplementing this improvement by the railway people, the city will install lights on the other side of the tracks so that chances for accident due to improper lighting will be at the minimum.

No comments:

Post a Comment