Roosevelt Mining Company stock certificate
This certificate was for fifty shares of stock in the Roosevelt Mining Company of Cuba City. The company operated the Roosevelt Mine, located east of Cuba City near the corner of Crabtree Road and Carr Factory Road.
The zinc mine was discovered in 1905. By 1906, the Roosevelt Mining Company had built a mill and a roaster at the site. The mine was shut down around 1907, though it briefly reopened in 1910. (Source: Allen Van Heyl's The Geology of the Upper Mississippi Valley Zinc-Lead District)